Saturday, November 7, 2009

First Day

I've decided to try keeping an online journal of sorts, but specifically about what God is teaching me through His Word. See, as I get older, I begin to question the things I always thought that I knew. For example: Are women really supposed to be subservient to men in the church and the home, or might we be just as capable of divine inspiration? Are devout Jews and Muslims going to hell, or might God be able to work in more ways than we can understand? Is homosexuality really evil, or might God be able to honor love in all its forms, even the ones that are outside the status quo?

I don't claim to know any answers, but I agree with United Church of Christ: God is still speaking. And I know that I hear Him better when I write about what I think He might be saying. I don't think that just because I write something today, I won't write something that appears contradictory tomorrow. I don't claim to know anything at all. I just want to try and figure it out, and I thought maybe having an opportunity to hear what you all have to say would help me clarify my thinking.

Thanks for listening.

Les

2 comments:

  1. A wonderful undertaking! I am completely supportive of your questions and pray for you as you look and listen for God. Blessings,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of us raised in the evangelical churches have subscribed to a load of goods that has more to do with judgment and hypocrisy than truth and love. I support your quest to seek truth. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete